Managing Director of Acquisitions - West
- Mar 16, 2017 Post Date
- 390 Total Views
In the given region, among other duties this individual would be responsible for:
- Sourcing – the successful candidate will generate investment opportunities, with an emphasis on off market deals, as well as through marketed deals. The candidate will develop and manage partner, broker and other industry relationships to generate deal flow and market/product expertise. The successful candidate will also establish bidding and negotiation strategy and adjust the same to respond to feedback during negotiations.
- Evaluating opportunities – the Managing Director of Acquisitions – West will efficiently evaluate, underwrite and recommend appropriate investment opportunities. She or he will clearly identify and communicate risk and reward in each investment opportunity and price such risk appropriately. As part of this evaluation, the successful candidate will consistently research and evaluate market and industry data/trends to build and frame the team’s viewpoint on the appropriate risk/return metrics for new opportunities.
- Building consensus and regular communication – the successful candidate will build internal consensus on valuation and transaction structure through proactive and recurring communication (both formal and informal) with all constituencies including Senior Management, Executive Leadership and Investment Committee. Within the structure and strategy of Aimco’s strategic business plan the candidate will be responsible for informing the investment strategy and business plan, writing investment committee memoranda, and presenting and advocating transactions at investment committee.
- Due Diligence on Transactions – the successful candidate will perform due diligence and coordinate seamlessly with portfolio management, asset management, development, construction, operations, valuation, financial, legal, risk, communications, marketing and other teams to identify and resolve issues. The candidate will be responsible for anticipating and responding to the challenges of due diligence, for identifying solutions that drive transactions that appropriately fall within the desired framework to closing, for organizing and coordinating closing, and for seamlessly transitioning investments to the team post – closing.
- Negotiating– the Managing Director of Acquisitions – West will take the lead on transaction negotiation and documentation. The successful candidate will negotiate with a focus on identifying and mitigating risk, and will generate creative solutions to resolve structuring challenges. Again, close coordination with other internal teams to solicit and address concerns is a requirement for the successful candidate.
- Cultivate leadership and team building – the successful candidate will exhibit leadership in partnering with other internal teams, and in developing junior team members. Include oversight of dedicated analyst.
The successful candidate will possess a strong finance background, an inquisitive mind, strong communication skills and a proven ability to source deals and build relationships with key parties in target marketplaces including Southern California, San Jose, the Bay Area, Seattle as well as other markets. Success using a 1031 exchange model coupled with an understanding of capital markets and investment strategies and joint ventures is highly desired. MBA preferred but not required.